Cutting, slicing, and prepping meat is one of the most important tasks in any kitchen.
After all, protein is one of the most important aspects of any meal, no matter what time of the day you’re having it.
And to properly prep meat, you’re going to need a quality set of knives.
But since there are so many different brands and models out there, choosing the right set for you can be a pretty tough task.
So to make things much easier for you, I’ve compiled reviews of the best knife sets for cutting meat and even included a buying guide at the end of the article.
If you’ve been on the hunt for a knife set for cutting meat, you’ve come to the right place.
Read on to learn more!
Best Knife Sets For Cutting Meat (Updated List)
What To Look For When Buying
When buying any cutlery set, one of the most important things to consider is the pieces included.
And this is especially true if you’re looking to prep and process a lot of meat in the kitchen.
Normally, a good set should at least include a chef, paring, and serrated knives, but it’s different if you’re looking for a set specifically for cutting meat.
What you’ll need for meat processing is either a carving, slicing, butcher or boning knife.
If a set comes with one or all of these items, it would be a proper choice for slicing meat.
Next up, you would want to make sure that the products you’re getting are built right.
If you plan on getting knives for cutting meat, one of the first requirements is that they are full-tang.
This means that the blade runs throughout the entire knife, giving you more stability in the kitchen.
On top of that, it might also be beneficial to get forged blades as opposed to stamped ones as they tend to be more durable, however, they can also be more expensive.
Lastly, it would be important to look at the handle and make sure that it’s properly shaped and would allow you to have a comfortable and stable grip.
Another thing to pay close attention to is the materials used in making the tools.
For starters, make sure to get a blade made out of high-carbon stainless steel as these materials can hold their edge for very long and be very resistant to stains and corrosion.
This goes the same for both traditional knives and electric meat cutters.
On top of that, the handles need to be made out of a durable material such as PakkaWood, PP, or stainless steel.
Otherwise, you might end up having to discard the product because the handle broke after a short time.
1. Jero 3-Piece Pro Butcher Meat Processing Set
- Jero Butcher Series Commercial Meat Processing Knives
- Three Piece Set With Most Popular Meat Processing Knives
- Lightly Textured Poly Handle With Low Profile Handle - Fits Easily In...
First up is a basic three-piece set that would be a great set to have whether you’ve just started learning the kitchen ropes or been cooking and prepping great meals for a while.
It contains a butcher’s, skinning, and boning knife, which are great basic tools to have.
This will allow you to do a whole lot of different prep work with meat.
The knives feature blades made of German high-carbon stainless steel so you can expect them to hold their edges for a very long time.
On top of that, they also come with a blue textured handle that will easily fit in a scabbard while allowing you to have a stable and comfortable grip on the knives.
They are made in Portugal and have a lifetime guarantee against defects, which makes them an even more attractive option for just about any hunter, chef, or butcher out there.
- Simple and compact set
- Blades are made of high-carbon stainless steel
- Great edge retention
- Easy to sharpen
- Razor-sharp right out of the box
- Only comes with three knives
2. MSY BIGSUNNY 4-Piece Set
- 【Well-Designed Knife Set】BIGSUNNY Cutlery 4pcs block knife set...
- 【Razor Sharp Edge】The knife blade is made of premium German...
- 【Ergonomic Design】Pakkawood handle for a durable yet balanced and...
Next up is a great 4-piece set that would be a great addition to any kitchen.
It comes with a 5” chopper, 7” santoku, 5” utility knife, and kitchen shears.
So on top of getting a great heavy-duty knife for meat, you’re also getting a couple of multiple-use, everyday knives for the kitchen.
The blades are made out of high-carbon stainless steel with a hardness rating of 56-58, which makes them very hard, giving them great edge retention but not too hard that you end up with brittle blades.
They also have sleekly designed PakkaWood handles that are contoured to allow a comfortable grip while also giving a very modern look.
All in all, this would be a great set for any home kitchen.
- Forged blades
- Rustic modern design
- Comes with a santoku, utility knife, and shears
- Has the tendency to chip and dent
3. KEPEAK 10-Piece Set
- Professional Kitchen Knife Set 10 pcs: This knife sets 10 piece can...
- 10pcs Sharp Knife set kitchen included: 8" Chef knife -A, 8" Bread...
- Ultra-sharp edge: Sharpness is the most important feature for a...
If you’ve been looking for a large set that contains all the essentials, this might be the one for you.
It comes with 10 different knives that you can use for all sorts of tasks including chopping, slicing, and mincing meat.
They are all made with high-carbon stainless steel and are sharpened to a very sharp edge.
They also have a Damascus pattern on the blade, but this is purely aesthetic and not real Damascus steel.
The knives have a very rustic design which is emphasized by the PakkaWood handles that have a deep brown color and allow you to have a very comfortable grip.
- Comes with 10 different blades
- Can be used for most prepping tasks
- Rustic aesthetic
- The artificial Damascus pattern may not be for everyone
4. NutriChef Portable Electric Meat Cutter Set
- SAFETY LOCK: This electric kitchen knife by NutriChef has a safety...
- CONSISTENT SLICES: The product makes consistent slice without the use...
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: The two included heavy duty blades of this...
Our next pick is a great option if you’re looking for a set strictly for processing meat.
This is a portable electric food knife that is great for those who want to be able to quickly slice meat without exerting too much effort.
Along with the electric knife, you’ll be getting two serrated stainless steel blades that have great edge-retention and will easily glide through just about any ingredient.
It also comes with a wooden block that can allow you neatly store and even display the cutter on your kitchen easily.
This is a great product to use if you want to get consistent slices quickly without straining your arms.
It’s easy to use and can easily be carried around if you need to slice meat in another kitchen.
An all in all great option for any home cook out there.
- Electric food knife
- Allows you to get consistently slices
- Comes with two blades
- Comes with a storage block
- Some users report having a tough time inserting the blades
5. Soffiya 10-Piece Set
- 10pcs Knife set kitchen included: 8-inch Chef knife -A, 8-inch Bread...
- Multifunction 10pcs knife kitchen set: The kitchen knives set can...
- Razor Sharp Edge: The blade of this chef knife set are made of...
Next up is another set with a bunch of different blades, which makes it a very good option for those who need a complete kitchen set.
With the pieces included in this set, you’ll easily be able to cut, slice, and chop and bunch of ingredients including meat, vegetables, fish, fruits, and just about anything you might find yourself cooking in the kitchen.
The blades all feature a beautiful swirly pattern reminiscent of Damascus steel, which makes them really stand out amongst the rest.
On top of that, they come with a PakkaWood handle which combines the rustic aesthetic of wood with the cost-effective durability of other synthetic materials.
The blades are also sharpened to a very precise and thin edge, which will allow the knives to glide through just about any ingredient you can throw at it.
So if you’ve been looking for an option that can handle all your kitchen tasks including meat slicing, this is the one for you.
- Very complete set
- Rustic aesthetic
- Blades have a unique swirly pattern
- PakkaWood handles are very comfortable
- Full-tang construction
- Not the best edge retention
6. Hamilton Beach Electric Knife Set
- Perfect for Meats & breads: Easily carves through everything from...
- Stainless steel blades and fork: This Electric knife features...
- Ergonomic Handle: Designed to fit comfortably in either hand, The...
Next up is another electric meat cutting set which is ideal for those who need to evenly process meat without exerting too much effort.
It comes with an electric knife, one serrated stainless steel blade, a carving fork, and a carrying case so you can easily bring it around to another kitchen if you need to.
Using this tool will take some practice, but once you get the hang of it, it makes slicing meat evenly a very easy task.
All you have to do is press the button and get slicing!
And since it comes with such a high-quality serrated blade, it can also be used on other ingredients such as bread, turkey, and ham.
It also comes from one of the most trusted brands in the market, making it a great pick for just about anyone out there.
- Very sharp blade
- Comes from a reliable brand
- Comes with a carrying case
- Comes with a carving fork
- The cord could be longer
7. HomeHero 7-Piece Set
- Professional chef knife set – 7 Piece set includes : 5 different...
- Just the right knife for any task: 1x chef knife, 1x carving knife, 1x...
- High-quality product – all knives are stainless steel coupled and...
Lastly, we have a set from Home Hero that comes with all the essentials and a beautiful knife block to display and store the blades.
All the blades have a beautiful dark finish and are made out of stainless steel, giving them great edge retention.
It also comes with a sharpener so you can easily maintain the very sharp edge on the blade.
The handles are very ergonomic and durable, but you might feel some strain if you end up using them too long.
But if you’re on the hunt for an affordable and basic knife set, this could be the pick for you.
- Unique black finish
- Sharp edge
- Great edge retention
- Comes with a knife block
- Comes with a sharpener
- Not the most durable set out there
1. What Should You Use To Cut Meat?
If you’re just doing some basic prep work, a chef knife would be the best choice.
But if you plan on doing more heavy-duty tasks, it might be better to use either a slicing, carving or cleaver.
There are also electric options available on the market today which can greatly speed up your workflow in the kitchen.
2. What Is The Best Choice For Chopping?
Most chefs and culinary teachers out there will recommend that you use a chef knife for chopping ingredients.
3. What Should You Use For Raw Chicken?
While a chef knife could work, one of the best choices for slicing raw chicken is a de-boning blade.
This will allow you to safely and precisely slice the raw meat, and since this is a very task-specific knife, you don’t run the risk of cross-contamination.
But remember that regardless of what blade you use, always wash it immediately after use, especially if you used it to slice raw meat.
4. What Can You Use to Cut Through Bones?
Heavy cleavers are the best tool you can use to cut through bone as they have enough wait and are tough enough to get through the very tough material.
5. What Is Used For Fruits And Vegetables?
If not a chef knife or santoku, it’s common to see chefs use Nakiri knives and utility knives for this task.
6. How Often Should I Have My Knives Sharpened?
Ideally, you should have your blades sharpened at least once a year depending on how much you use them to keep them in tip-top condition.
7. Is It Worth It To Sharpen Cheap Knives?
Yes, this is one of the best ways to make the most out of a cheap blade.
It will instantly make the knife a much more functional tool in the kitchen and it will also be a much safer tool to use since sharp blades don’t have the tendency to slip as dull ones do.
And with that, our list comes to an end.
We featured some of the best models the market has to offer, and we made sure to include products for any type of chef or home cook.
So if you think you found the right one for you on this list, all that’s left to do is head out and get your hands on one yourself!
- Best Knife Sets For Cutting Meat (Updated List)
- What To Look For When Buying
- Product Reviews
- Knife FAQ’s